The physicians and team members at Atlantic Health System Maternity Centers are committed to helping expectant parents safely and comfortably welcome their newborns while COVID-19 is in our communities. Read COVID-19 FAQs and a message for expectant parents>
If you are giving birth at an Atlantic Health System maternity center, we recommend you bring the following items for yourself, your newborn and your partner:
During your stay at Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, or Chilton Medical Center we will provide a hospital gown and disposable underwear and peripads for after your delivery. After the initial delivery period, most women prefer the comfort of their own items. You may want to pack a small bag with:
- Brush or a comb
- Shampoo and conditioner and other hair products
- Lip balm
- Sleepwear/underwear/bra (regular or nursing bra)
- Daywear (such as sweat pants and a shirt that has buttons on the front)
- Hair ties
- Slippers or slip on shoes
- Outfit to wear home from the hospital
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Cosmetics or other toiletries
- Contact lens supplies and back up glasses
During your baby’s stay, we will provide disposable diapers, T-shirts and blankets. When it’s time to take the baby home, you’ll want to have:
- Outfit to go home in that includes T-shirt, socks and hat
- Receiving blanket
- Bunting/coat or warm blanket for cold weather
- Car seat (leave the box at home, read and bring in the instructions)
- Pediatrician's name, phone number and address
- Night wear
- Toothbrush and other toiletries
- Snacks for your support person
Other Items to Consider:
- List of telephone numbers of people you will want to call
- Camera or video camera (charged, new batteries)
- Extra film or memory card
Please leave all your valuables at home.
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.