Patients with movement disorders often need rehabilitation to help improve their balance, gait or walking, posture, swallowing and cognition. At Atlantic Rehabilitation, we provide services to alleviate the side effects of conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, vestibular disorders, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), and neurodegenerative diseases, among others.
State-of-the-art treatment methods and equipment used in our program include:
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT®) LOUD – speech therapy that improves vocal loudness, speech intelligibility and facial expression
- LSVT BIG – uses principles of physical and occupational therapy to improve major motor skills, such as walking, limb movement and balance
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill® – allows patients to exercise at reduced body weight, helping them regain a more productive walking pattern and increase activity endurance
- Lite Gait® – a partial weight-bearing device that helps patients who are not strong enough to stand on their own practice walking
- SMART EquiTest® Balance Master – simulates various visual and surface conditions to assess balance and identify problem areas with a patient’s vision or somatosensory and vestibular systems
Our team consists of referring neurologists, physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, audiologists, integrative medicine practitioners, social workers, rehabilitation nurses and other medical professionals as necessary. Many of the therapists are certified in both LSVT LOUD and LSVT BIG.
Atlantic Rehabilitation – Cedar Knolls
Atlantic Rehabilitation – New Providence
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.